If I send in the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA), what happens when I return to the US?

Once you are back living in the U.S., you will need to update your residence address with your Local Election Official --just like you do whenever you move. But you’ll already be a registered voter. Updating your address is typically less cumbersome than registering to vote; most states provide an online process and many have a later deadline.