As an overseas voter, you need to send in the form to request your ballot for every calendar year in which you wish to vote. The form, the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) is only one page and will cover you for all elections in the calendar year: Primary, General and Special Elections (that you may otherwise not be aware of).
Here’s how to complete and send in your form:
- Enter your email address or mobile phone number here, then click on “Start” – or click on “or start an anonymous session”.
An “anonymous session” means you do not need to provide your email address or mobile phone number to get started, but you will have to input all the information to complete the form–VFA will not be able to pre-fill any responses for you.
- Follow the prompts to fill out the FPCA.
If you have any questions while filling out the FPCA, you can ask using the online chat box (the square in the orange circle at lower right of your screen).
- Submit your completed FPCA to your Local Election Official (LEO) in your state.
Submission methods and deadlines for your state – which vary by state – are included in the Instructions.
- To submit your completed FPCA by Email: Sign the form using the online signature photo tool, then use VFA to email your completed FPCA directly to your LEO.
- To submit your completed FPCA by Fax or Mail: Print out the completed FPCA and Instructions. Sign and date the form, then fax or mail it directly to your LEO using the contact information in the Instructions (the contact information is also here.)
- After you submit your FPCA, be sure to contact your LEO to verify they received it and will be sending you a ballot. Use the contact information in the Instructions (the contact information is also here.)